Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I give myself permission to balance..

Sadly, last week I was struck down by the office bug.  Why should that matter?  Well what was so sad was that despite having all the tools at hand to help myself recover quickly, I did nothing.  Absolutely nothing...

I wallowed, I even dragged my daughter out of bed to help me with the chooks at 6:30 in the morning, cancelled the Rhubarb delivery and crept back into bed and felt sorry for myself.  I spent the day in bed and then had a nice hot bath in the afternoon with Epsom salts.  The most I did to help myself was dose up on Vitamin C (about 10,000 mgs).  By the next day I felt better and was up and about again and reflecting on my unwillingness to tap (EFT or BodyTalk techniques) to help myself recover the second I felt something coming on (which was about 3-4 days prior) and it was then that I discovered the reason.

I needed a reason to take a day off!  Unbelievable!  So fiercely independent I am, running my business, running the farmlet, working at the Uni and it seems I forgot the one thing I preach the most - balance!  What is life for if you don't have balance.  How ridiculous life can be if you don't feel you can have a day off just to do the things you love.   I could have spent the day in bed enjoying reading my book and have a nice long bath just for the enjoyment of it.  I don't need to get sick to do that.

So chose to have time for yourself, write down all the things you love doing and incorporate it into your life, whether you give yourself an hour, afternoon or whole day - it's about balance.  Making life worth living and not just living a life.

The things I love to do
  • Read books - inspirational, spiritual and thrillers
  • Taking long baths (with my book)
  • Sleeping in  (to at least 8:30)
  • Cooking for pleasure (and not for need)
  • Gardening (planting is my favourite)
  • Walking the country lanes
  • Singing my heart out in the car/garden listening to my iphone/ipod
  • Decorating the house
  • Creating - anything (last thing was an incubator)
  • Going to the movies with my girl/man
  • Having coffee with a friend
  • Skyping my girlfriends in Canberra
  • Drawing
  • Walking Meditations
  • Looking for beauty in every glance

No comments:

Post a Comment